Polis Project Weekly Updates (11/10 to 11/17)
Polis Blockchain and SatoshiGoods organized an art challenge to celebrate our new partnership.
Yesterday was the closing date for all participants. We would like to thank all interested parties and participants.
Have a look at Polis Merchandise!
If you want to place an order, you can save 10,00 € per order with this code (POLIS53_SGPROPOSAL2020). This voucher is only available for a limited time.
The three top designs will get the following prizes:
- 1st Prize: 550 Polis + own product line on SatoshiGoods.com (product lifespan royalties**). There is also the possibility of follow-up orders and long-term cooperation with SatoshiGoods. This is subject to the artist’s availability and SatoshiGoods’ will.
- 2nd Prize: 300 Polis.
- 3rd Prize: 150 Polis.
From the 16th on the voting on Twitter starts. Choose your favorite picture and vote on Twitter. Please use the names of the pictures to vote! The voting period ends on 22/11/2020. After which we will contact the winners and announce them.
The Art Challenge has finalized, and voting season has begun! Today being the last day to vote, you can chose your favorite following this thread on Twitter:https://cdn.embedly.com/widgets/media.html?type=text%2Fhtml&key=a19fcc184b9711e1b4764040d3dc5c07&schema=twitter&url=https%3A//twitter.com/polisblockchain/status/1328389164568633344&image=
The Olympus codebase is finalized and being prepared to enter an audit process, so our developers are focusing on building tools for wallet and block explorer.
This is a huge step for the Polis Blockchain Project, we will let the community know as soon as we are started with this process.
The Olympus Semi Public Testnet has been running stable for almost 2 months now. This is a good sign as it demonstrates our codebase is stable enough to support updates and changes without causing instability trough the network.
We have received help from some amazing community members to set up and run the Testnet, we would like to thank them for spotting a couple of problems and reporting them so they could be fixed.
The network has been operational for a few weeks, and things are progressing nicely. Moving forward, we expect to release a version of the Block explorer this week, so more people can start joining the current Testnet. The Olympus Wallet will follow a week or so after. This will allow users to create wallets, send and receive POLIS and create/manage validators. These tools are important, as they will allow users to join the current Testnet and prepare the migration to the new chain.
We are happy to announce and bring you the new 8.7.0 release on the PolisPay app, this is the best version yet!
Our team worked very hard to introduce new features and fix a lot of problems. On this version you can expect the following new features, that we hope you will love!
- Support for PolisPay Shift v2.0. So you can convert your crypto easily and securely, without sending your coins to an exchange.
- Improvements to the PolisPay Gift Card experience, including faster loading times, better categories, and a brand new Favorites section, so you can spend less time finding the products you love.
- Dynamic setting of Gas Limit for ERC20 token transactions. Up to this point we provided an approximation for this value, resulting in some transactions requesting users to have more ETH than what was needed for the transaction to be sent, even if it ended spending only the required amount, it could prevent some ERC20 transactions to be built correctly. Now we continue to provide a default value that guarantees a successful transaction, but a user can now use the slider to set the Gas Limit Value.
- Some squashed bugs on UI and UX all over the application.
- The long awaited PolisPay feature Shift has also been completed and is set to be released on Tuesday November 17th, 2020 at 11:00pm UTC.
80+ new products have been added for the United Kingdom! Welcome brands like Amazon, Adidas and more available right now!
We expect more products for other regions soon enough!
0% Fees for Polis!
We are also glad to announce that starting today we will feature 0% fees for any Gift Card purchase using Polis. Your products will be cheaper than ever. We know you will love this.
Shift is now active!
For the time being it is only available with the following coins:
Give it a try! Only on PolisPay Wallet
You know there’s always room for change, that is why we continue to evolve here as well.
So, we wanted to remind you:
Community Management and Outreach.
If Melchionda keeps posting videos, we will keep on promoting him!
We love to see the feedback from our community.
Watch the new video here:https://cdn.embedly.com/widgets/media.html?src=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fembed%2FnrqVLCiALmc%3Ffeature%3Doembed&display_name=YouTube&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnrqVLCiALmc&image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FnrqVLCiALmc%2Fhqdefault.jpg&key=a19fcc184b9711e1b4764040d3dc5c07&type=text%2Fhtml&schema=youtube
We have been receiving many questions and comments directed to our managers!
It has been exciting to see the participation from our community, that is why we want to provide a way for you to access them directly and specifically, depending the department you wish to approach.
DAO Technology Manager.
Luis Correa — [email protected]
DAO Marketing Manager.
Andrey Smirnov — [email protected]
DAO Adoption Manager.
Frank Servedio — [email protected]
DAO Community Manager.
Ricardo Bustos — [email protected]
DAO Business Manager.
Andreas Meyer — [email protected]
From everyone in our team we would like to sincerely thank you for your constant support.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
Let us remind you that you can follow us on the following Social Media Networks: